Expressions of interest are being invited for a Consultant’s position
Title of the assignment: Production of 12 short videos & 5 video interviews of top political actors promoting Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Tentative Date of commencement: November 9, 2017
Deadline for applications: November 3, 2017 at 17:00 hours WAT
Applications to be submitted to: email@example.com
Only applications in electronic format will be accepted.
Any questions or request for clarifications may be sent to the same e-mail addresses above.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Health Watch Foundation (Nigeria Health Watch) is a not-for-profit organization offering communication and advocacy expertise in the health sector. Our dual strengths in health and communication enable us to provide perfect solutions for communications and advocacy in the health sector. Nigeria Health Watch is implementing a project to promote Universal Health Coverage for every Nigerian titled, “Closing the Gap to Sustainable Health Access in Nigeria through Health Insurance (CHAIN) project”. One of the main challenges of accessing health care in Nigeria is payment for service at the point of delivery. Out-of-pocket (OOP) payments being the main method of financing health care, has posed a serious constraint in accessing health care. Health insurance arrangements — in the form of social health insurance, community-based health insurance, or private health insurance — are increasingly seen as important financing mechanisms for health care in developing countries.
2. OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
The short videos and interviews — which will include vox pops, informative videos, interviews with top political advocates and UHC advocates — will educate and encourage members of the public to advocate for Universal Health Coverage; as well as inform the public on the government’s plan and commitment towards Universal Health Coverage. This will help advocates and the public adopt a targeted approach towards demand for states’ leadership commitment to health insurance. This will be conducted to set the pace for reforms that are required for a vibrant and efficient state health insurance scheme.
3. SCOPE OF SERVICES
With the supervision and guidance of the Director of Policy and Advocacy, the Consultant shall produce these videos and conduct the interviews. The scope of our messages will center around the importance of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) for everyone.
The videos should:
· Introduce #Health4AllNaija
· Explain why health is a right
· Define Universal Health Coverage
· Explain why health insurance is important for achieving Universal Health Coverage
· Explain why it is important for Nigeria to achieve Universal Health Coverage
· Outline the factors hindering the implementation of Universal Health Coverage
· Explain why political will is the most important factor for achieving Universal Health Coverage. Consequently, mobilize Nigerians to hold their elected representatives responsible for Universal Health Coverage
· Explore why health is the most important of human needs. If we do not have health, we have nothing.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY & REPORTING
The Consultant will report to the Director of Policy and Advocacy, Nigeria Health Watch.
The assignment is scheduled to run from November 16, 2017 to November 21, 2017
Nigeria Health Watch will rate proposals based on the following factors:
· Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in this Request for Proposal
· Relevant past performance/experience
· Samples of work
· Cost, including an assessment of total cost of ownership
· Technical expertise/experience of bidder and bidder’s staff
Nigeria Health Watch reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value.
The remuneration will be an all-inclusive contract fee to be initiated upon contract signature, and in compliance with the Nigeria Health Watch’s established consultants’ remuneration scale considering requisite qualifications and experience.