REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Expressions of interest are being invited for a Consultant’s position
Title of the assignment: Production of radio jingles promoting Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Tentative Date of commencement: November 01, 2017
Deadline for applications: October 20, 2017 at 17:00 hours WAT
Applications to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications in electronic format will be accepted.
Any questions or request for clarifications may be sent to the same e-mail addresses above.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Health Watch Foundation (Nigeria Health Watch) is a not-for-profit organization offering communication and advocacy expertise in the health sector. Our dual strengths in health and communication enable us to provide perfect solutions for communications and advocacy in the health sector. Nigeria Health Watch is implementing a project to promote Universal Health Coverage for every Nigerian titled, “Closing the Gap to Sustainable Health Access in Nigeria through Health Insurance (CHAIN) project”. One of the main challenges of accessing health care in Nigeria is payment for service at the point of delivery. Out-of-pocket (OOP) payments being the main method of financing health care, has posed a serious constraint in accessing health care. Health insurance arrangements — in the form of social health insurance, community-based health insurance, or private health insurance — are increasingly seen as important financing mechanisms for health care in developing countries.
2. OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
Specific messages targeted at community members to increase demand for Universal Health Coverage through state health insurance will be disseminated. This will help among others to establish the states’ leadership commitment to health insurance. This is will be conducted to set the pace for reforms that are required for a vibrant and efficient state health insurance scheme. To achieve this, radio jingles will be created with the goal of increasing sensitization of communities and ensure demand for UHC.
3. SCOPE OF SERVICES
With the supervision and guidance of the Director of Policy and Advocacy, the Consultant shall produce these jingles. The scope of our messages will centre around the importance of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) for everyone.
The radio jingles should:
• Explain why health is a right
• Define Universal Health Coverage
• Explain why health insurance is important for achieving Universal Health Coverage
• Explain how out of pocket expenditure for health can push individuals/families into financial ruin
• Explain why political will is the most important factor for achieving Universal Health Coverage. Consequently, mobilize Nigerians to hold their elected representatives responsible for Universal Health Coverage
• Explore why health is the most important of human needs. If we do not have health, we have nothing.
Jingles would be produced in the following seven languages:
4. ACCOUNTABILITY & REPORTING
The Consultant will report to the Director of Policy and Advocacy, Nigeria Health Watch.
The assignment is scheduled to run from November 01- 15, 2017
Nigeria Health Watch will rate proposals based on the following factors:
• Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in this Request for Proposal
• Relevant past performance/experience
• Samples of work
• Cost, including an assessment of total cost of ownership
• Technical expertise/experience of bidder and bidder’s staff
Nigeria Health Watch reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value.
The remuneration will be an all-inclusive contract fee to be initiated upon contract signature, and in compliance with the Nigeria Health Watch’s established consultants’ remuneration scale considering requisite qualifications and experience.